Nightswimming is participating in the Theatre Creators Reserve Program funded by the Ontario Arts Council. We are accepting applications until December 1, 2012. Nightswimming is particularly pleased that “creators working in forms other than text” are eligible to apply and we are eager to review applications from creators working in those fields.
If you’re interested in challenging dramatic forms and bold visual storytelling, explore our website for more information about our theatrical interests and ideas. Please review our current and past projects to get a sense of our work. Here are the questions we’ll be asking when we review the applications:
Does the project intersect with at least two of Nightswimming’s artistic interests?
- diversity of storytelling – geographic and/or cultural
- poetic dramatic text
- dance and extreme physicality
- exploration of dramatic forms – stretching dramaturgical boundaries
- integration of music, especially vocal music
Does this application establish a new relationship for Nightswimming, or extend an existing relationship in a new direction?
We will focus on the following:
- the clarity of the applicant’s intent regarding the project
- the clarity of the process of creation
- is the project something the artist would be unable to pursue without this funding?
If you have a project that you think would fit with Nightswimming’s mandate and interests, please send us your application by December 1, 2012. We look forward to reading it.
Please keep applications to three pages; a short script sample is sufficient as we are more interested in the nature of the ideas you want to explore than reading your past work.
Applications can only be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com