At Nightswimming, we accomplish our goals primarily through the creation of new works, and through our unique Pure Research program. We believe in promoting intelligent, rigorous debate about theatre and this Ideas section is a home for just that: ideas, articles, reports and other documents about our work and the work of others we believe are furthering theatre in Canada and worldwide. Please feel free to contact us with any articles or information; if we think it contributes to the conversation, we will add it to this page.
For more information on Nightswimming and our approaches to research, creation and performance, please consider the following books and articles:
- Dramaturgy in the Making: A User’s Guide for Theatre Practitioners by Katalin Trencsényi, 2015
- “Telling Stories Across Forms: An Interview with Brian Quirt” by Yolanda Ferrato – in New Dramaturgy, 2014.
- “Ecologies of Dramaturgy” by Beth Blickers & Brian Quirt – in Theatre Topics, Volume 24/3, September 2014.
- “Contemporary New Play Dramaturgy in Canada” – in The Routledge Companion to Dramaturgy, 2014.
- Blue Note score – Canadian Theatre Review – November 2009.
- Creative Expression, Creative Education by Robert Kelly and Carl Leggo, 2008.
- “Pure Research” and “Nightswimming” – articles in Developing Nation, edited by Bruce Barton, 2007.
- “Creative Research and New Play Development” – Canadian Theatre Review #119, June 2004